Our aim is to deliver an outstanding service to every customer, every time and to ensure everyone can make use of our services, as long as it is safe to do so, and we will do our utmost to ensure you enjoy your time with us.
If you require assistance on your holiday or day trip, please call us to book and mention your needs at the point of booking. Our team will be happy to assist you, and work with our hotel and attraction partners to ensure you enjoy your trip.
Travel with Wheelchairs, Mobility Scooters or Powered Wheelchairs
Please let us know at the time of booking if you wish to travel with a wheelchair to ensure we can make the necessary arrangements.
Subject to our vehicles’ loading capacity, we can transport lightweight, manual wheelchairs, provided they are able to be stowed in the luggage hold of the coach. We regret that we are unable to accept manual wheelchairs that are more than 20kgs.
In addition, when we have room we are also able to transport small mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs subject to the following:
- It is capable of being folded and unfolded;
- It can be dismantled and reassembled by the passenger or their carer/companion (if it can’t be folded);
- The battery is a dry fuel cell or gel fuel cell or lithium battery;
- It has no assistance or auxiliary aids which would make it unsafe for stowage; and
- The heaviest part of the mobility scooter weighs no more than 20kg
In order to carry out the above checks, we will need you to give us details of the size, make and model of the mobility scooter you will be travelling with.
We will advise you either at the time of booking or by calling you back, about the suitability of your mobility scooter for carriage in the luggage hold of our coaches. If we have previously confirmed the compatibility of a particular mobility scooter, this information will be stored on our database, so we should be able to reconfirm compatibility at the point you call our team, or very soon thereafter.
Getting on and off the vehicle
If you or any of your party will need assistance getting on or off a coach, please contact us.
Our drivers and escorts are not permitted to lift or carry passengers on and off coaches, or take any other action that may put their own health, safety and welfare at risk. Our drivers are happy to assist with the loading and unloading of luggage from the coach, but will need assistance with items over 20kgs.
We welcome highly trained assistance dogs on our coaches.
You will be asked to provide evidence that your assistance dog is highly trained, such as a certificate, correspondence from the training organisation, ID book, owner training logs or an email from the owner confirming what training has taken place. This is not an exhaustive list, customers can contact us to discuss, please call our team on 0345 034 0980.
We request that assistance dogs wear a safety harness when on board the Coach which shall be attached to the seatbelt of a spare seat. The safety harness is something that you, the Customer will be required to provide.
Please advise us at the time of booking if you require an assistance dog, as we will need to make the necessary arrangements with our hotel and attraction providers.
We welcome customers who require oxygen carried in hand-held/personal oxygen bottles or portable breathing aids. Unfortunately, we cannot carry any larger canisters for safety reasons.
Our team are expected to:
- Recognise and offer reasonable assistance, wherever possible or on request, to our disabled customers and those customers with any accessibility requirements;
- Be flexible, polite and respectful in their response to requests for assistance;
- Respond to specific requests from our sales team, ensuring that particular/specified requirements are met;
- Whenever possible, carry disabled customers’ luggage (or luggage belonging to customers with reduced mobility) to/from the departure/pickup point (maximum weight 20kg).
Assistance Service Limitations
- Our staff are not permitted to assist you with eating or with personal care/hygiene.
- Health and Safety considerations mean that we cannot lift or carry you in any way (either on or off the coach or in or out of your seat), or take any other action that might put our team’s own health, safety or welfare at risk.
- We cannot provide any medical service such as giving injections. If you have a medical condition that requires others to provide this type of care, make sure you always travel with a companion, who can assist you during your journey.
- Our drivers and teams are unable to dismantle or reassemble mobility scooters or wheelchairs
- Touromo will not accept liability for any damage to personal property howsoever caused.
When meeting our commitments to disabled customers, we take into account relevant UK legislation including (without limitation) the Equality Act 2010.
We also take into account all relevant parts of EU legislation including Regulation (EU) No. 181/2011 concerning the rights of passengers in bus and coach transport. A full version of the legislation is available here.
Provision of Information
The more information we have about your requirements, the better prepared we will be to meet your needs when you travel with us. If you would like to discuss any of the above please do not hesitate to contact us.
Feedback and Comments
We welcome feedback and comments from all customers on how we can improve our service for those who travel with a disability. Please get in touch using one of the methods below:
- By calling our team on 0345 034 0980, open Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:00, and Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays 09:00 – 17:00
- By emailing us on email@example.com
- By writing to us at:Touromo Customer Services
National Express House